Los Santos Police Department
Firearms Licensing Division
San Andreas Guard Card
- Section I - GC Purpose & Application Process
- Guard Card Purpose
- Guard Card Application Criteria
- Guard Card Application Process
- Section II - GC Usage Regulations
- Guard Card Prohibition Criteria
- Guard Card Revocation Criteria
- Guard Card Usage Regulations
- Section III - GC Application Form
- Guard Card Application Form
Section I - GC Purpose & Application Process
1.1 GC Purpose
A San Andreas Guard Card (GC) permits its owner to perform security duties as an armed guard within the state of San Andreas. The role of a security guard includes loss prevention, store security, nightclub security, school security, and a variety of other roles.
1.2 GC Application Criteria
A person wishing to apply for a GC must:
- Not be in violation of the card prohibition criteria;
- Be at least 21 years old;
- Be a legal resident of the United States of America;
- Possess a PF License;
- Possess a San Andreas State-issued Driver's License, or a valid document that meets the statutory definition of an identification document in the United States of America;
- Possess a valid High School Diploma or GED;
- Pay a monetary fee of $5,000.
1.3 GC Application Process
Prior to applying for a GC, the applicant must read all the relevant documentation. This includes, but is not limited to Card Information and Firearms Usage Manual. The applicant must then submit their application, ensuring that all necessary fields have been filled properly and the information provided is accurate and up to date.
Once the application has been submitted, a Firearms Licensing Officer will receive the application and review it. Depending on their findings the application may be accepted, pended, denied, or banned, depending on whether or not the applicant made any errors or the information provided by the applicant has been deemed insufficient.
If the application is accepted, the applicant will be able to request the GC examination. The examination tests the applicant’s knowledge of the San Andreas Guard Card Manual.
The applicant will then be required to pay the monetary fee of $5,000 and their GC will be issued to them if the payment is deemed valid by an FLO. ((The usage of the command /transfer LSGOV (i.e /transfer LSGOV 5000) is required with the requested amount of money, then make sure to take a screenshot of it. ))
(( NOTE: an applicant should not contact any firearms licensing staff member, or any law enforcement faction members in general, in regards to the status of their application. All applications are handled as soon as possible. Contacting firearms licensing staff in regards to application status can result in an instant DENIAL or BAN, depending on the circumstances. ))
Section II - GC Usage Regulations
2.1 Guard Card Prohibition Criteria
A San Andreas Guard Card (GC) may never be issued to any person who violates the following criteria:
- Persons on parole or probation.
- Persons who are currently wanted by law enforcement.
- Persons who have been dishonourably discharged from the armed services of the United States military.
- Persons who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America.
- Persons who have ever renounced their United States citizenship.
- Persons who by court order are not to possess a firearm.
- Persons who are subject to any court order restraining the licensee from harassing, stalking, or threatening a child or an intimate partner or child of such partner.
- Persons who do not possess a San Andreas State-issued Driver's License, or a valid document that meets the statutory definition of an identification document in the United States of America.
- Persons adjudicated as mentally defective or committed to a mental institution (the term "commitment" does not include voluntary admission or admission for the purpose of observation) (unless the adjudication/commitment has been overturned).
- Persons convicted of any form of domestic violence.
- Persons who are an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance (Note: The usage of marijuana, regardless of prescription status remains illegal on the federal level and will result in a revocation of any firearm licenses).
A Guard Card (GC License) may not be issued to any person who has been convicted of a felony, violent misdemeanor, or the following misdemeanors (unless the conviction has been overturned or expunged):
- Any San Andreas Penal Code, Title II misdemeanor
- Any San Andreas Penal Code, Title VI misdemeanor
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Distribute
- Petty Theft
2.2 Guard Card Revocation Criteria
A GC may be revoked if the license holder commits any of the following:
- The licensee has their PF license revoked.
- The licensee unjustifiably displays or discharges their firearm resulting in a criminal conviction.
- The licensee violates any part of the State Handling of All Firearms and Training (SHAFT) Act of 2021 resulting in a SHAFT Code Violation infraction.
- (( Is killed by law enforcement following a shootout with them. ))
2.3 GC Usage Regulations
A GC holder:
- Must follow all PF license regulations.
- Must display a copy of their security guard license upon request to a police officer when in possession of an exposed or concealed firearm.
- Must not un-holster their firearm to use unless an active threat to life is occurring or there is a clear and potential danger to life. In the case of law enforcement arriving on scene or being on a scene, the GC holder must take care to comply with law enforcement orders.
- Must carry their handgun in a secure, fixed holster either exposed or concealed - The handgun may only be carried exposed or concealed while on company property & acting within scope of employment. The handgun may be carried concealed at any time if the GC holder also possesses a CCW.
- If carrying exposed, the licensee must ensure they adhere to exposed carrying regulations which are defined as follows;
- The licensee must keep their handgun properly holstered to their hip or leg; and
- The licensee carrying their holstered handgun may keep the handgun loaded or unloaded; and
- The licensee carrying a long gun must never point the muzzle at another person without lawful justification. The person may carry the long gun using the trail carry, two-hand carry, side carry, cradle carry, shoulder carry, or sling carry technique; and
- The licensee carrying the long gun must keep it unloaded at all times.
- May only carry their firearm whilst immediately operating in the capacity as a security guard and within their area of business (i.e. on private property) and shall not leave their area of business unless there is an immediate, nearby, active threat to life to which such a threat may be averted by the license holder's intervention. Exemption to this regulation allowing for the carrying of firearms to act as a security guard off of private property is found below.
- May only carry a firearm at the following location(s) if they are a security employee of that location and are acting within their scope of employment:
- City Hall
- Police Stations
- Fire Stations
- Schools and/or Universities
- Correctional Facilities
2.3 GC Usage Regulations
To create an application for a San Andreas Guard Card, you will have to log in on our digital web panel here, or create an account. After you have logged in, you will be able to access the San Andreas Guard Card application and fill it out with your details. When posted, a Firearms Licensing Officer will check up on your application. Please note that it is not uncommon for Firearms Licensing Officers to have inquiries about your application - in this case, please be ready to answer questions.
When your license application has been processed to the point where you have passed the examination, you will be asked to make payment. During this stage, it is essential that you provide us with the correct information regarding your bank and the time you made the transfer. (( It is important that you use an unedited screenshot of your /transfer with a timestamp or /time visible in the chat. )) As soon as your payment has been processed, the license will be issued.))